by Shawn Brasseaux
People often snidely refer to Pauline dispensationalists as “Bible butchers.” No, no, they have it all wrong. Dispensationalists are simply studying God’s Word as He instructs us: “rightly dividing the word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV). We are doing just what God said to do: we separate Israel’s prophetic program under law from our mystery program under grace. We recognize the distinct Gentile ministry the Lord gave to the Apostle Paul.
The true “Bible butchers,” on the other hand, have done a number of shameful things to the Holy Scriptures, deliberately and defiantly going against God. Using polluted manuscripts and corrupt theories, these “scholars” chop up the Bible text with mistranslations and/or remove verses they find “offensive” or “harsh.” Consequently, heresy is creeping into our churches!
- They have watered-down the King James Bible text, so the rendition of critical theological statements becomes less authoritative. “Eternal life,” for instance, may read “life that truly is life” in some modern English translations. Sometimes, “Christ” is dropped from “Jesus,” or “Jesus” has replaced “Lord” in other instances. While some would argue of minor changes, we should be concerned—these “minor” omissions are just the “tip of the iceberg.” Some modern bibles omit whole verses and passages too!
- Some church members hate Paul so much that they have ripped Paul’s epistles from their Bibles and thrown those epistles away! They find the Pauline epistles to be “misogynic” (anti-woman).
- The Catholic Church created 13 apocryphal books in attempt to make the Bible conform to their apostate and pagan doctrines. At the Council of Trent in 1546, they slipped these spurious books into the Bible: the true Christians rejected the text because they knew it was not “God-breathed” and the Jewish Hebrew Bible never accepted the apocrypha in the Old Testament.
- We have “gender-inclusive Bibles” that feature political correctness; “brethren” has become “brothers and sisters,” because “brethren” sounds too “sexist!” I wonder what they have done with verses like 1 Timothy 2:12 and 1 Corinthians 14:34?
- It is sad that many churches spend more time reading Sunday School material than they do spending time in God’s Word! Sad, and people wonder why our churches are in such spiritual darkness.
These people are the true Bible butchers! If we are going to serve Christ, we need to defend His Word, the King James Bible, from money-hungry preachers who seek to corrupt it! We Christians cannot compromise with the world. Let them scoff or name-call, but they are simply treating us how they treated our Savior 2,000 years ago in His earthly ministry. I will never go back to denominational teaching: I will always “rightly divide” the Bible, and I always use God’s Word, God’s way!